Monday, October 20, 2014

Africa and Abandoned Theme parks

Africa
When I read the story about the photographer that went to Africa to take pictures, I was very inspired. To be able to get so close with an animal and have that bond, is something special. It is amazing how the photographer could capture that moment in time.

This photo by Nick Brandt is inspiring to me because he was able to capture a moment where the "husband" is leaning on his "wife" showing that he cares for her. I found this photo to be my favorite because it shows the bond between the two animals.
The photo rules that stand out the most to me is simplicity and fill the frame. There is not anything in the background to distract the eye from the two lions. It is fill the frame because Nick did not leave any room for something else to pop in and change the subject. 
Nick uses a Pentax 6711 only with two fixed lenses. Brandt does not use telephoto lenses because he likes to be close to the animals and capture its facial features and show the animals personality.
Nicks reasons for taking these photos are that he feels moved and inspired when he goes to Africa to take these photos to create iconic moments. 
Nick's hopes for taking these photos are bringing awareness to the world and how valuable these animals are.
" I didn't see a single wild animal the entire four-hour drive. It's not that they've moved elsewhere. It's that they've been wiped out—turned into bushmeat." - Nick Brandt

Abandoned Theme parks
I would like to go to the theme park in Takakanonuma Greenland, Hobara, Japan because something about the theme park intrigued me. I guess by the rusting metal and the fog above the park, it makes it interesting. There is not much to look at but I think if I had the chance to go there and look around, there would be so much character. I would love to go and explore the little houses on the bottom and see what used to be there and what used to interest people.
Places that others might be interested in taking photos of:
Abandoned malls around United States
  • Hawthorne Plaza Mall: Hawthorn, California. 
  • Rolling Acres Mall: Akron, Ohio
  • Cloverleaf Mall: Chesterfield, Va.
  • North Towne Square Mall: Toledo, Ohio
  • Crestwood Mall: St. Louis
ROLLING ACRES MALL: ARKON, OHIO
Photo by: BuzzFeed
I would like to go to this mall and take pictures because it looks like it has a lot of character and hidden surprises along the journey though the mall. By other pictures I have seen of this location, it looks very interesting and you could get a lot of photo rules like simplicity in this mall. This mall looks like it has some old and new parts to it so it would be nice to see what is in the mall and take pictures of. Photos wise, you could get a lot of lines and rustic looking photos which are my favorite.

For me to go to Arkon, Ohio, it would take me to buy a plane ticket, hotel rent, cabs and food service for me to be able to get there. The laws that I would in-counter on entering this mall would be talking to the caretaker or owner of the building to ask permission to enter and state why I need to go into the mall. For equipment, I would need a camera, battery, SIM card, charger and a case to put it back in after use. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment