Thursday, April 16, 2015

Student of the month interview

Person Interviewed:
Jordan Young

Questions:
1. What challenges did you have to go through to get here?
Sacrificing my social life and keeping my grades up.
2. What inspired you to run for this position?
My teachers most importantly but my parents also had a role in making sure I kept everything in order.
3. What influence did you friends and family have on you when applying for this position?
They encouraged me throughout the whole process.
4. How does it feel to be the student of the month?
I feel amazed and honored to hold this position and be able to inspire others to keep up with their high school involvement and grades.
5. What have you learned from being the student of the month?
Leadership roles and staying organized are the main lessons I have learned throughout the achievement of this position.
6. Did you do anything to celebrate when you found out?
Yes, my parents threw me a party.
7. How did you find out about this position?
They posted the rosters during my geography class.
8. Were you selected out of a few other students then run for the position?
Yes, I was selected out of a big list of candidates and then I ran to prove that I deserved this position.
9. What roles of leadership have you learned?
Being able to maintain all of the responsibilities I endure and lead my graduating class.
10. Do you have good grades?
yes, I receive straight A's throughout the school year.
11. What type of classes are taking?
I take all pre-AP classes and two AP classes this year.
12. What type of extra- curricular activities are you involved in?
I am involved in every science club here at Bowie High and I also do sports outside of school.
13. Did a teacher recommend you for this position?
Yes, one of my favorite teachers, my biology teacher, recommended me for this role.
14. What are the responsibilities of being the student of the month?
Keeping my grades up and leading students to better not only myself but themselves as well.
15. Is this a step towards helping you become more involved with the school?
Yes, by having this role, I am able to participate in more school activities.
16. What are your goals for the future?
My goals are to go to college and have a lifetime career. 
17. What college do you prefer to go to?
I prefer to go to Baylor or UT.
18. What type of award(s) did you receive if any?
I received a medal and the achievement on my transcript. 
19. What is your average time you spend on homework?
1-2 Hours on homework then I study for any tests or quizzes coming up.
20. Do you have a job outside of school?
Yes, I help with daycare and volunteering for our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment