Thursday, April 23, 2015

Student of the Month Full Story

Refreshing the page every few seconds, Jordan Young waits to see if the confirmation has been sent in on making it Student of the Month. Notorious for awarding a Student of the Month award, Bowie High school selects Jordan Young for April's favorite hard working leader. 
Out of the many students at Bowie High, Jordan Young was selected with a few of her other peers to run for Student of the Month. Young was required to prove that she was capable for the honorable award given out to very few students. Throughout the process, Young had to write essays, have certain amount of volunteer hours, and teacher recommendations. Young, showing her determination, pushing through all of her endeavors, is awarded with a high achieving medal. 
“I feel amazed and honored to hold this position and be able to inspire others to keep up with their high school involvement and grades.” Young states. 
Jordan wants to encourage others to be involved in extra-curricular activities to meet new people and work hard in their classes.
“Being able to maintain all of the responsibilities I endure and lead my graduating class.” Young said.
Listing the responsibilities she has, she also mentions all of the encouragement she received will running for the position.  
Young states, “My teachers most importantly by my parents also had a role in making sure I kept everything in order. They also encouraged me throughout the whole process.”
Young gives credit to her parents and teachers for encouraging her and how she celebrated when she was awarded. 
“My parents threw me a party and invited all of my closest friends.” Young said. 
After celebrating, Young gets back to telling what she does outside of class to lighten the amount of stress. 
“I help with daycare and volunteering for our community.” Young states last.
       Jordan Young looks forward in leading her classmates and going to Baylor University in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment