Monday, April 6, 2015

Built by Moshe Safdi.
Built in 1967.
Located in Montreal, Canada
No visitors because they are private complexes.
Took 140,000 dollars to build.
Built to integrate the benefits of suburban homes, mainly for the gardens, fresh air, privacy and multilevel living areas.
I chose this structure because I have never seen anything like it and I think it is a very different way of going about things. It is very creative and well thought out which is very cool to see.
Built by Sir Peter Cook and Colin Fournier.
Built in 2003
Located in Austria.
Public for visitors.
It was built for the European Capital of Culture.
I picked this structure because the shape of this building is  very interesting. It is very oddly placed, it seems to be in a suburban area which makes me wonder why it was placed there. The building is rather new next to older buildings surrounding.
Built by NBBJ
Built in 1997
Located in Dresden, Ohio
Public for everyone to see.
No information on the cost of the building.
It was built to represent a company.
I picked that structure because it is so obscure and original that I wanted to learn why it was built. It is a very unique and eye catching way to represent a company. It is very noticeable and that is why I picked this building.
Image result for la pedrera, spain
La Pedrera, Spain
Antoni Gaudi Josep Maria Jujol were the architects of the building.
1906 is when it was built.
It was built in Casa Mila, Spain.
The building is public for people to come and visit.
No exact cost, but resources say it was expensive to build.
The reason for it being built was Pere Mila had seen another houses, and was intrigued by its beauty. So he asked the architects to construct a large building of rental flats on his new land.
I picked to do research on this building because I thought that the building was very interesting and beautiful. You don't really see this in America, so when I saw it, I wanted to learn more about it.

Piet Blom was the architect of this building.
Built in 1977.
Located in Rotterdam, Helmond, and the Netherlands.
Public building where people can visit.
No information on the cost of the building.
The architect wanted to design something unique and forest like.
I found it interesting how the houses were cubed, not something you see in everyday life. I really enjoyed the colors Piet Blom chose, very bright and out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment