Thursday, October 30, 2014

Self Portrait and Portraits Part One and Rules of Photography part two

Candids: Being Unobtrusive
You may want to make photographs of people going about their business—vendors in a market, a crowd at a sports event, the line at a theater. You don't want them to appear aware of the camera. Many times people will see you, then ignore you because they have to concentrate on what they are doing. You want the viewers of the image to feel that they are getting an unguarded, fly-on-the-wall glimpse into the scene.

17. Introduce Movement

Portraits can be so static – but what if you added some movement into them? This can be achieved in a few ways:

A mirror or some other reflective surface offers an even easier way to take a self-portrait. In most cases, the camera will be included in the scene (but this can help make a statement about your enthusiasm for photography). You can use your camera as a prop, and hold it away from your face. When you photograph into a mirror, be sure your reflection is in focus. An infrared autofocusing system will usually focus on glass if it's aimed into a mirror, and will focus at infinity if aimed at an angle. You might try focusing at an object that's the same distance as the distance from the camera to the reflection, lock in the focus, recompose the image to include yourself, and take the picture.
Source

I picked this photo for environmental portrait because I love how the photographer captured this lady who works at a carnival booth and how the colors really pop.

I picked this photo because in this man's background, you can see that he is in a barbershop that I am assuming that he has been working at for a very long time and it is just good to see.


















Photography Self portraits:



I chose this photo because I found it intriguing to look at because how the photographer stopped the movement of the water and still have the girl in focus. 











I chose this photo because I thought it was interesting how the girl is trying to create a message though the photo.









Casual self portraits


I picked this photo because I thought it would be something that you would post on a social media account because this looks like it might be a senior photo.











I chose this photo because this would be something you would ask a photographer to come out and take pictures for family/ friend purposes.












My plan for the portrait assignment I would like to take pictures of my aunt at the gym she works at because I feel that I can get an environment portrait shot of her doing her job. I would also like to go out of my comfort sone and take some photos in unusual spots while keeping photo rules in mind.

RULES OF PHOTOGRAPHY
Rule of thirds: Source

No comments:

Post a Comment